The Quality Management System (QMS) of the National Oceanographic Data Centre (NODC) at the National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics - OGS is committed to enhance the transparency, integrity, safety and economy of operations within the NODC region of responsibility. This includes the reception of data from departments devoted to their acquisitions in the field, their processing, storage, access and security, quality control, backup and safeguard. The NODC also provides users with data related products and services.
The NODC QMS is compliant with the IODE Quality Management Framework (IODE-QMF) Project, established by the IODE Committee at its 20th and 21st Sessions (IODE-XX, 2009 and IODE-XXI, 2011), and is based on the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard ISO 9001:2015, Quality Management Systems - Requirements. ISO 9001:2015 assists the Data Centres in:
- Understanding the purpose and context in the community in which the organisation operates
- Planning the strategic direction of the organisation
- Identifying and providing appropriate resources to achieve the planned objectives
- Achieving the consistent delivery of high-quality data and related products and services suited to the purpose of key stakeholders
- Evaluating and reviewing organisational practices, procedures and processes to guide continuous improvement towards transparency, integrity, safety and economy of operations within the area of responsibility.
Practical application of the following ISO 9001:2015 principles underpins and sustains this policy:
- Customer focus
- Engagement of people
- Process approach
- Evidence-based decision-making
- Relationship management
The policy is compliant with national and international regulatory requirements.